Effective Date: 01/01/2023
XR Tech Limited collects and processes personal data, including but not limited to, MQTT data and video data, primarily gathered from mobile devices used by frontline workers in heavy industries. We are committed to ensuring that all data collected is done so in compliance with applicable data protection laws, including the GDPR.
Purpose of Data Collection
The primary purposes for which we collect and process personal data are:
- Safety and Security: To enhance safety measures for frontline workers and ensure the security of industrial operations.
- Operational Efficiency: To improve operational efficiency and productivity in heavy industries.
- Analytics: To provide valuable insights and analytics to our clients for decision-making.
- Automatic Face and Name-tag Blurring: To protect the privacy of individuals by automatically blurring faces and name-tags within video data.
Legal Basis for Data Processing
Our legal basis for processing personal data under the GDPR is one or more of the following:
- Consent: Where individuals have provided clear and explicit consent for specific processing activities.
- Contractual Necessity: When processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with our clients.
- Legitimate Interests: When processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, such as improving our services, ensuring security, or complying with legal obligations.
Data Protection Measures
XR Tech Limited has implemented robust technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data we collect. These measures include:
- Data Minimization: We collect only the data necessary for the specified purposes.
- Encryption: We use encryption techniques to safeguard data during transmission and storage.
- Access Control: We restrict access to personal data to authorized personnel only.
- Regular Audits: We conduct regular audits of our data processing practices to ensure compliance.
- Data Retention: Personal data is retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
Automatic Face and Name-tag Blurring
One of our core privacy protection measures is the automatic face and name-tag blurring process. This process ensures that the privacy of individuals captured in video data is protected. Specifically:
- Face Blurring: We employ state-of-the-art facial recognition and blurring algorithms to automatically blur faces within video data.
- Name-tag Blurring: We also automatically blur any name-tags or identification badges visible in the video data.
This process helps us comply with the GDPR’s principles of data protection, such as data minimization and privacy by design.
Under the GDPR, individuals have specific rights regarding their personal data. XR Tech Limited is committed to upholding these rights, including but not limited to:
- Right to Access: Individuals have the right to request access to their personal data.
- Right to Rectification: Individuals can request the correction of inaccurate personal data.
- Right to Erasure (Right to Be Forgotten): In certain circumstances, individuals can request the deletion of their personal data.
- Right to Object: Individuals can object to the processing of their personal data.
- Right to Data Portability: Individuals can request the transfer of their data to another data controller.
Last Updated: 28/09/2023